Under the direction of the Pastor, Pro-Life initiatives and events are communicated to the community at large. This ministry responds to the Gospel message through prayer, education, and action in defense of life which upholds the dignity and sanctity of all human life, from conception to natural death. They dedicate themselves by observing and promoting the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church on all life issues, including abortion, euthanasia, infanticide, assisted suicide, and stem cell research.
Annual Local and Area Events:
- March For Life Edmonton:
Spring time at Churchill Square & Legislature; begins with Mass at the Bascillica
- LifeChain Edmonton:
Usually in October at 2:30-3:30 pm, 104th Ave from 109th to 124th St
- 40 Day’s For Life Edmonton:
Silent Prayer Vigil during Lent; Outside the bubble surrounding the 12409 109A Avenue Women's Health Options Building
- 12 Hour Adoration for Life, Wetaskiwin:
usually held in March 8:00am to 8:00pm, Sacred Heart Church
Edmonton Pro-Life, ALIES & the The Back Porch, & The Wilberforce
For more information or to join in the cause for life please see information posted on the "Pro-Life" bulletin board or contact the parish office.
Every Life Matters - promoted by The Archbishop of Edmonton
Visit the ELM campaign website atwww.commitlife.com. We invite you to participate by:
- sharing the Commit Life video with your friends,
- sharing your own Commit Life video and by tagging friends, family, and other people or organizations that have helped you,
- signing the ELM pledge atwww.commitlife.com/pledge, adding #CommitLife to your social media profile photo and tagging friends
- sharing your written testimony including some adversity you’ve overcome at: www.commitlife.com/submit-your-story .